Safety & Security
COVID-19 (Novel Coronavirus)
The health and well-being of our children, families, and employees tops our list of priorities, and we want to share with you the precautions we are taking -- the precautions we take every day -- to reduce the transmission of all contagious illnesses in our schools. Most recently, we’ve implemented enhanced safeguards from COVID-19 across our school to keep your family and our school team safe.
We will continue to follow health authority discretion and guidance as to our responsibility as a trusted childcare provider for your family. In the event of a positive COVID-19 diagnosis, we will follow the recommended protocol to determine the need for individual exclusion, classroom closure, or school closure. We know that any exclusion or closing will be disruptive and no decision will be made lightly. When it comes to the health and well-being of our children, families, and staff, we will always err on the side of caution and take the steps necessary and appropriate under the circumstances. You can count on us to communicate with you often as we navigate this new normal together, sharing practical health and safety education and pertinent details related to any COVID-19 exposure.
In all of our schools, we will consistently and diligently follow COVID-19 general preventative measures like these, and we encourage you and your families to do the same:
- All staff members are required to wear masks.
- Daily temperature checks upon arrival prior to entry into the facility.
- Enhanced pick-up and drop-off procedures, only children and teachers allowed in classrooms.
- Practicing social distancing in our lobby, hallways, and parking lots.
- Washing our hands and your children’s hands regularly.
- Avoid touching faces and gently reminding children to do the same.
- Avoiding close contact with people who are sick.
- Staying home - and keeping children at home - if COVID-19 symptoms are present.
We are continuing our commitment to provide safe transportation for our School Age children to and from school. We are taking additional precautions in ensure we provide the best possible care and sanctuary for your child:
- Masks required for all students and staff on the bus.
- Children will sanitize hands before boarding and at arrival.
- Assigned seats to group siblings and classrooms together.
- Buses cleaned and disinfected between groups.
- Windows down to promote airflow, weather permitting.
We immensely value the privilege of educating and caring for your children every day. We are grateful to all of our families for the trust and confidence placed in us. The precautions above ensure that every measure is taken to provide a safe, healthy, high-quality learning environment. From all of us, thank you for your understanding and shared efforts to protect all of our children.
For more information, visit the Center for Disease Control website here or the World Health Organization website here.