Safety & Security
COVID-19 (Novel Coronavirus)
The health and well-being of our children, families, and employees tops our list of priorities, and we want to share with you the precautions we are taking -- the precautions we take every day -- to reduce the transmission of all contagious illnesses in our schools. Most recently, we’ve implemented enhanced safeguards from COVID-19 across our school to keep your family and our school team safe.
We will continue to follow health authority discretion and guidance as to our responsibility as a trusted childcare provider for your family. In the event of a positive COVID-19 diagnosis, we will follow the recommended protocol to determine the need for individual exclusion, classroom closure, or school closure. We know that any exclusion or closing will be disruptive and no decision will be made lightly. When it comes to the health and well-being of our children, families, and staff, we will always err on the side of caution and take the steps necessary and appropriate under the circumstances. You can count on us to communicate with you often as we navigate this new normal together, sharing practical health and safety education and pertinent details related to any COVID-19 exposure.
In all of our schools, we will consistently and diligently follow general preventative measures like these, and we encourage you and your families to do the same:
- All staff members are required to wear masks.
- We will perform daily temperature checks upon arrival prior to entry into the facility.
- Facilities have enacted enhanced pick-up and drop-off procedures, with only children and teachers allowed in classrooms.
- We will be practicing social distancing in our lobby, hallways, and parking lots.
- Staff members will be washing their hands and your children's hands regularly.
- We will avoid touching our faces and gently remind children to do the same
- Staff members will be diligently avoiding close contact with people who are sick
- All staff members will be staying home - and keeping children at home - if symptoms are present.
We are continuing our commitment to provide safe transportation for our School Age children to and from school. We are taking additional precautions to ensure we provide the best possible care and sanctuary for your child:
- All students and staff will be required to wear masks while on the bus.
- Students will be sanitizing hands before boarding the bus and upon arrival at the school.
- We will be assigning seats to group siblings and classrooms together.
- All buses will be cleaned and disinfected between groups.
- Windows will be down to promote airflow, weather permitting.
We immensely value the privilege of educating and caring for your children every day. We are grateful to all of our families for the trust and confidence placed in us. The precautions above ensure that every measure is taken to provide a safe, healthy, high-quality learning environment. From all of us, thank you for your understanding and shared efforts to protect all of our children.
For more information, visit the Center for Disease Control website here: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html ; or the World Health Organization website here: https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019
For some good news: Yale researchers conducted the first-ever large-scale assessment of the risk of working in child care during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Findings show child care programs that remained open throughout the pandemic did not contribute to the spread of the virus to providers, lending valuable insight to parents! Click here to read the study in detail.