Sunrise Preschools Curriculum
The Center of a Balanced Childhood
Sunrise Preschools uses the nationally recognized The Creative Curriculum. Based on research of child development over the past 75 years, it shows that all children benefit from developmentally appropriate practices.
Main developmental areas addressed each week in our curriculum are:
- Social/Emotional Development - connecting with others motivates a child to learn and
provides them with a sense of who they are in the world.
- Cognitive Development - involves the way children think and develop.
- Language Development - includes understanding and communication through words both
spoken and written.
- Physical Development - a child’s gradual control over their large and small muscles. Children,
ages 1 to 5, learn to work cooperatively in small groups to reach developmental milestones and
school readiness through exploring and experimenting in our eight learning centers.
- Creative Arts - teaches texture, color, design, motor control and promotes creative expression.
- Library and Language - experiences which enhance vocabulary, listening and writing skills and
- Math and Manipulatives - introduces problem solving, patterning, number concepts, order and
fine muscle coordination.
- Sensory Wet and Dry - encourages children to explore a variety of substances using their
senses and enhancing math and science experiences.
- Block Building - promotes learning of shapes, dimension, size, balance, construction and
encourages cooperative play and creativity.
- Music and Movement - offers creative experiences, teaches melody and develops large motor skills.
- Science and Discovery - it’s all about the world around us. Opportunities are provided that will
spark a child’s curiosity and wonder.